Tuesday 28 January 2014

recording life:: jan 20 - jan 26 2014


This week has been pretty exciting with lots of shopping while the family is over.  I surprised myself with a sneaky purchase or two that I tried to rationalise over and over again.  I think I was ssuccessful in it, because I'm excited about it and it makes me happy, right? One of them, you will see appear on the blog very soon.  The other, I uhmmed and ahhed a lot and asked for input before signing up. 

On the 24th of Jan, I signed up for Maybelle Imasa's Beginner's Calligraphy class, hosted by Megan Morton's The School.  To be honest, I heard whispers of Maybelle Imasa returning to Australia and I quickly sent an email to Megan Morton to enquire about it earlier this week! At $275, it is an extravagant price for a student but I am excited for it and I am sure I will have a good time.

Additional to all that, this week heralded the arrival of my calligraphy kit from damitaprilurcool, which you can read about here and the realisation of how unfit I am as I went up the 1000 steps of the Kokoda Track Memorial Walk.

A good friend's 21st Birthday and Australia Day brought an amazing end to the week.  Sure I didn't go out into the city to celebrate Australia Day, but can you really beat Triple J's hottest 100 countdown and a few beers and ciders {{mostly by the boyfriend}}? It was all still pretty Australian~

To all you Australians out there, I hope you had a better than good Australia Day.  It's been about 8 years since I have moved here and I am proud to say that I'm from Australia.  Hope you had a good week, and do share what you did to celebrate Australia Day.


No comments:

Post a Comment